David brings a unique perspective to the practice of law. Prior to attending law school he spent the first ten years of his professional career as a youth minister. He has worked with two large congregations in the North Houston area (1960 and The Woodlands) and one in Austin. During his time as a minister he learned the importance of being an effective communicator, an active listener, and a compassionate advisor.
During his tenure at South Texas College of Law, he participated in mock trial earning a best speaker award in the Garland Walker Mock Trial Competition. He also served as law clerk to the Honorable K. Michael Mayes, 410th District Court, Montgomery County, Texas.
He and his beautiful wife, Jennifer, have two wonderful Children: Austin and Katie. They have lived in The Woodlands since 2001 and are actively involved at WoodsEdge Community Church.
- Abilene Christian University, BA, Human Communication – 1995
- Abilene Christian University, AA, Biblical Text – 1996
- Abilene Christian University, MA, Religion – 2001
- South Texas College of Law, JD – 2008
MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Member in good standing of the State Bar of Texas; Texas Bar No.: 24067765
- Member of the Real Estate, Probate, and Trust law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of The Houston Bar Association
- Member of The Woodlands Bar Association
- Member of The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Graduate of Leadership Montgomery County – 201
- Qualified Kingdom Advisor
- Wealth Counsel
- Certified Mediator: Met the Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code § 154.052 requirements
- Certified Ad Litem: Met the Tex. Govt. Code § 81.114(3)(H) requirements
Coordinating Beneficiary Designations: “Has Your World Changed in the Past Five Years?” Co-Authored with Christine Butts – Presented at the 24th South Texas College of Law Wills and Probate Institute, September 2009.
“Some Important Considerations for Nonprofit Tax-Exempt Organizations: A Practioner’s Guide to Leading and Working for a Nonprofit” – December 2008.
Just a little about Dave