Clients often tell me they are wanting to “get their affiars in order” so their spouse or children do not have to worry about it later. While this will be different for everyone, here is a recent Wall Street Journal article (with a depressing title!) that provides a good overview of what you may consider.
- Debt After Death: Why You Should Think About It When Planning Your Estate
- Are Payable-on-Death accounts right For you?
- 5 Reasons to Embrace the Emotional Nature of Estate Planning
- How You Can Build an Estate Plan that Includes Asset Protection
- Safeguarding Your Estate Plan Against Three Worst-Case Scenarios